Gut friendly seed bread
Updated: Mar 2, 2020
1 cup (70g) Psyilium husks
1/2 cup (70g) Coconut Flour
3 Tbs chia seeds
3 Tbs Flaxseeds
1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds (plus extra to go on top)
3 tbs Sesame seeds
1/4 Sunflower seeds
1 Tbs coconut sugar or honey
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tbs coconut oil
• Add all the seeds to a food processor and whiz for a few seconds until the base is finely chopped. Place flour mixture into a large bowl then mix in the coconut sugar or honey, baking powder, salt and set aside.
• Next we mix the wet ingredients together, add the eggs, and 450ml of water and whisk up until smooth, then add the coconut oil and apple cider vinegar and stir up.
• Add the wet to the dry and mix well to form a dough. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
• Lightly cover your work bench with coconut flour and knead the dough for one minute. Split into 6 portions, add some seeds for decoration to make it look a little bit fancy and bake for one hour, rotating the tray half way.
• To check they are cooked knock the bottom of them, if they sound hollow they are cooking. If they seem heavy and dense, they need to be cooked a little longer.